3rd Quarter Audiobook Challenge Update
It’s been another busy three months since our last update. Here are our most recent listens.
Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2016 than you did in 2015.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button (on the sidebar) and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30-50
- Marathoner (Look Ma no hands) 50+
Summer is a great time for audiobooks since it means I spend more time walking, which is when I do most of my audiobook listening. I walk to and from work everyday, enjoying the scenery, catching Pokémon, and listening to my latest reads from the library of Audible. I’ve made it to my long goal of My Precious with 39 audiobooks — but the year’s not over yet! Maybe I’ll make it to Marathoner after all!
I’m so close! I’m aiming for Marathoner, and at the time of this posting my total tally is 45 audiobooks so far for the year. At this point, I think it’s safe to say I’ll make my goal, as there are still plenty more books on my audio-wishlist for the rest of the year.
I actually haven’t had as much time as I’d hope these last three months for speculative literature, but I have listened to quite a few books for work and a couple because of general interest. I’ve beat all my goals, so I am hoping to finish strong on the speculative front by the end of the year.