2016 1st Quarter Audiobook Challenge Update
We’re three months into 2016, and here at The Bibliosanctum we have made quite a dent in our reading goals with audiobooks. We love our audiobooks. For those of you participating in the challenge, how are you faring? Any recommended listens? As the weather heats up (or cools down for those in the Southern Hemisphere), do you begin to read more seasonal reads?
Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2016 than you did in 2015.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button (on the sidebar) and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30-50
- Marathoner (Look Ma no hands) 50+
I think I have actually listened to more books than I’ve read this year, but don’t quote me on that. I’ve hit my short goal of Socially Awkward. Now, I’m working my way through Binge Listener (1 book until I hit 30) with my eye on the prize of My Precious.
I’m slow and steady right now with my audiobook listening, but I’ve certainly already smashed the Socially Awkward level and am currently right on track for My Precious. I’d love it if I make Marathoner again this year, but I’m not stressed about it. The number of audiobooks I listen to can fluctuate greatly throughout the year, and there will be some lighter months just as there will be some heavier months, I’m sure.
Aside from my hopes to reach the My Precious rank this year, I’ve added a new twist to my audiobook challenge, which is listening to the Bible. I can’t recall how I stumbled upon this. Perhaps it was Audible having a laugh at me with its recommendations. Whatever it was, I was amazed by the incredible cast performing on this 90+ hour project. I’ve been listening to roughly an hour a day of The Word of Promise. I also started Blood of Mages a little while ago but… yawn… maybe I’ll try again in a little while.