2016 2nd Quarter Audiobook Challenge Update
Our quarterly update for this challenge happens to coincide with Audiobook Month and it’s been a busy three months since our last update. Here are our most recent listens.
Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2016 than you did in 2015.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button (on the sidebar) and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30-50
- Marathoner (Look Ma no hands) 50+
I’ve just barely made it to My Precious! Tiara’s progress is blowing us all away, but I don’t think I’m doing too badly either. If I keep up my current pace of listening, I think I can still make Marathoner by the end of the year.
I’ve made it to Binge Listener with 22 books, which is not too shabby at all. Looking forward to the summer down time to get lots more listening in!
I hit my long goal of Marathoner and the year is only half over. I’ve officially listened to more books that I’ve sat down and read. I blame a busy schedule (and the realization that I can still listen to books even when I’m busy) for this achievement.