4th Quarter Audiobook Challenge Update
It’s our final update for the 2016 Audiobook Challenge! Thank you to the challenge hosts and here’s to another year of great listens. Let’s see how everyone did.
Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2016 than you did in 2015.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button (on the sidebar) and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30-50
- Marathoner (Look Ma no hands) 50+
Baby it’s cold outsiiiiide, so that means I’m not walking to work, which is when I usually enjoy my audiobooks, but I’ve still managed to pack in several titles, bringing my 2017 Audiobook Challenge total to *drum roll please* 49! Which is one shy of the Marathoner title. But hey, the year’s not over yet and the nights are still long and full of terrors. I can probably squeeze one more in before I say good bye to 2016. What do you think?
Look at me, I’m a Marathoner! Through audiobooks, I even managed to catch up with a bunch of my unsolicited print books this year. Some of these were awesome stories that I might not otherwise have gotten to due to lack of time, which is why I simply adore the flexibility of enjoying both formats at once. My finally tally ended up being 60. I might have done poorly on the challenge in the summer, but I think a strong first and fourth quarter made up for it.
The second half of the year turned out to be extremely busy for me, so I didn’t read/listen to as many books as I’d hope. I actually read more physical books these past three months, so I have a very short showing for this quarter. However, I did manage to sneak a few in there, and I’m pleased to say that I did manage to listen to an admirable 80 books this year on top of the physical/digital books I read despite all the setbacks.