Audiobook Challenge 2021: 4th Quarter Update
It’s our final update for the 2021 Audiobook Challenge! Thank you to the challenge hosts and here’s to another year of great listens. Let’s get a quick, final refresher on what the challenge is all about and see how everyone did.
- Runs January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2021 than you did in 2020.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweet about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be July 2, 2021, and the last update will take place on December 30, 2021.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
- Over-Achiever (Power Listener) 75+
- The 100 Club (Audiobook Addict) 100+
Remember, my goal this year was Over-Achiever (Power Listener) which is 75 audiobooks. So how did I stack up? Well, in the final three months of 2021 I added another 17 books to my final count, making my grand total…69! Aw, cue sad trombone sound. So I didn’t quite make it, and I was even farther away from my goal compared to last year, but considering all that was going on in my life the last few months and me picking up another side job, I think I did pretty well! Enough so that I’m still going to congratulate myself for a job well done, and overall it was another fantastic year for the challenge in which I got listen to a lot of great books. I’ll definitely be doing this again in 2022 for another year of the Audiobook Challenge!
Does TTS count, if it does I’m at 378 right now and hope to finish 1 or 2 more before 2022
Well even if you didn’t reach the 75 mark that’s still impressive! I’ll make my post in a few days as I had many problems with the blog since two weeks
Tell that sad trombone to shut up: you’ve done an amazing job! 🙂
I just pulled out my old trombone from school to help with the congratulations! And given it’s been that long since I tried to play, well, it is a very sad sound, indeed. 🙂 The most important part of all this is enjoying what we read, so I think you’ve done fantastic. I hope to finish one more audiobook before the year’s out which would put me at 48, just below my goal of Marathoner. Can’t wait to see what 2022 brings.
Think I’ll manage 16-17 this year, which is up from last! Still nowhere near your level though 😁 And that’s without the kids, second job, and all the other new responsibilities you’ve somehow gotten this year. I’m honestly surprised you’re managing to read at all let alone sleep;)
It’s so hard to keep up the momentum into the last months of the year, especially when life intrudes, lol. I think you did great!
I congratulate you too! I think you did a great job. 69 is a lot.
Nope, no sad trombone for you – a happy little bugle or something is more appropriate. You did amazing! Well done.