Audiobook Challenge 2021: 3rd Quarter Update
It’s been another busy three months since my last update, but here’s what I’ve been listening to! But first, here’s a quick refresher on what the challenge is all about:
- Runs January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2021 than you did in 2020.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweet about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be July 2, 2021, and the last update will take place on December 30, 2021.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
- Over-Achiever (Power Listener) 75+
- The 100 Club (Audiobook Addict) 100+
From July to September, I added 15 more audiobooks to the tally. This was down from last quarter’s numbers, but considering how busy I was this summer, I’m pretty happy with my progress. The current total is now 52. As a reminder, I’m going for the Over-Achiever (Power Listener) level this year, which requires 75. I’m running behind now, and need to really step it up if I’m going to reach my goal. I don’t know if I’ll make it, but I’m 3 up for October already so at least I’m off to a strong start!
Are you doing the 2021 Audiobook Challenge? If so, how are you doing?