Audiobook Challenge 2020: 2nd Quarter Update
It’s that time again! Summer is in full swing, and that means as the 2nd quarter of the 2020 Audiobook Challenge comes to a close, we’re ready for another update on my progress in the year thus far along with a rundown of the list of audiobooks I’ve completed in the last three months. But first, here’s a quick refresher on what the challenge is all about:
- Runs January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2020 than you did in 2019.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. First update in June 30, 2020 and last update in December 15, 2020.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
- The 100 Club (Audiobook Elite) 100+
Because of the pandemic shutdown, my reading shifted heavily towards the digital so I ended the second quarter with 20 audiobooks under my belt, making that a combined total of 37 so far for the year. At this rate, I’m definitely going to crush the Marathoner level, but will still be well short of The 100 Club. However, my personal goal of 75 audiobooks is still possible, and I’m just going to have to keep it up!
Are you doing the Audiobook Challenge this year? If so, how are you doing?