Audiobook Challenge 2020: 2nd Quarter Update
It’s that time again! Summer is in full swing, and that means as the 2nd quarter of the 2020 Audiobook Challenge comes to a close, we’re ready for another update on my progress in the year thus far along with a rundown of the list of audiobooks I’ve completed in the last three months. But first, here’s a quick refresher on what the challenge is all about:
- Runs January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2020 than you did in 2019.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. First update in June 30, 2020 and last update in December 15, 2020.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
- The 100 Club (Audiobook Elite) 100+
Because of the pandemic shutdown, my reading shifted heavily towards the digital so I ended the second quarter with 20 audiobooks under my belt, making that a combined total of 37 so far for the year. At this rate, I’m definitely going to crush the Marathoner level, but will still be well short of The 100 Club. However, my personal goal of 75 audiobooks is still possible, and I’m just going to have to keep it up!
Are you doing the Audiobook Challenge this year? If so, how are you doing?
Wow, you and I are neck in neck almost 😀 But yes I will never reach 100 either I used to, and then when they put in the new 100 I could not reach it again, arghh
Haha you’ll probably end up beating me in the end 😛 But yeah, 100 just seems like so much! They need a tier in between!
I hope you manage 75 books!
Because of this post I looked up how many I listened to, apparently I just listened to my 50th book, which is way more then I tought haha! At the beginning of the year I tought 100 audiobooks were too many, but apparently I’m right on track!
Wow, you are kicking butt! I think you could totally manage 100 by the end of the year 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
Now I kinda really want to haha!
These all look amazing! I hope you manage 75 books!
Thanks! I’m gonna try 😀
I can definitely see how your audio listening would go up this quarter!
Totally! It’s probably making up for a bulk of my reading now.
I’m at 13, but somehow haven’t finished an audiobook in 2 months! I have faith in you to make 100. All you have to do is cut out sleep and interacting with your children. No problem, eh?
And don’t forget meals, that’ll give me a couple more hours to each day. After all, who needs food anyway 😉
LikeLiked by 1 person
Wow amazing! And you reminded me that I must do my post too LOL
Looking forward to see what you’ve been listening to!
Looking good! 75 is quite a goal, keeping my fingers crossed for you. I keep listening to more audiobooks. Up to maybe 16 so far, so I’m thinking I could hit My Previous this year.
You can do it! 😀
Thanks for the inspiration. To me, a hundred audiobooks are not realistic at all. If I am going to do 15 I will be really happy about it. I know that many people listen to an audiobook on a commute or driving and in my case, I work from home and uber drivers won’t be happy about me choosing the audio for the ride.
I agree, 100 is just way too much for a lot of people. I wish they had a tier in between 50 and 100. Oh well, maybe next year! 🙂
Wow – that’s a lot – if your audio continues like that you should easily make 75 – and I’ve also listened to one of these – the bookclub guide to vampires – which I really enjoyed.
Great job–you’re way ahead of me. 🙂 I’m impressed with the amount of audio you’ve been able to get in.