2019 Audiobook Challenge
Here we go again! We love audiobooks here at The Bibliosanctum for a variety of reasons, from distraction while doing chores to just enjoying a good story being read by an awesome narrator. We also love to undertake a good challenge, especially when it coincides with our love of reading.
Hot Listens and the Caffeinated Book Reviewer are once again hosting the annual Audiobook Challenge, which is now in its seventh year of running. This will be The Bibliosanctum’s sixth year participating in the event, and we’re excited to see where 2019’s challenge will take us! If you want to take part, make sure to check out the sign-up page for this year’s challenge, and also head on over to the Goodreads group. We hope you’ll join us!
- Runs January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2019 than you did in 2018.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be June 30, 2019, and the last update will take place on December 15, 2019.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
I slacked off a bit with the 2018 challenge so outdoing myself this year shouldn’t be too hard. I’m going to do what I always do when it comes to goal-setting though: set a short term goal of My Precious, with the long term goal of going for broke with Marathoner. My total for last year was 43, so this year I’m aiming for at least as many as that.
Do you listen to audiobooks? Will you try doing the audiobook challenge this year? Let us know your thoughts!