Audiobook Challenge 2018: 1st Quarter Update
Spring is upon us (though it might not feel like it where I am, brrr!) and with it comes a quarterly update on what I’ve been listening to for the last three months in audiobook format. This time of the year often presents opportunities to enjoy even more audiobooks (not that a reason is ever required) as hours are spent spring cleaning, enjoying the outdoors, and finding ourselves in various other audiobook friendly situations. Here’s a quick look at the first three months of the 2018 Audiobook Challenge:
- Runs January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2018 than you did in 2017.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
My current tally sits at 15 audiobooks completed, which is way better than I thought I would be at this point in the year. This have been very busy this winter though, and I often found myself relying on audiobooks in order to get any kind of reading done. At this rate, I should easily reach my tentative goal of My Precious by the end of the year, and hitting Marathoner is also very likely!