2018 Audiobook Challenge
We love audiobooks here at The Bibliosanctum for a variety of reasons from distraction while doing chores to just enjoying a good story being read by an awesome narrator. We also love to undertake a good challenge, especially when it coincides with our love of reading. This will be The Bibliosanctum’s fourth year participating in the event, and we’re excited to see where this year’s challenge takes us!
Hot Listens and the Caffeinated Book Reviewer are hosting the event, which is now in its sixth year of running. Make sure to check out the sign-up page for this year’s challenge, and also head on over to the Goodreads group.
- Runs January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2018 than you did in 2017.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. First update in June 30, 2018 and last update in December 15, 2018.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
Our progress reports sort of just fell by the wayside last year, but rest assured I am always listening to audiobooks. Hence, the first part of my challenge will involve doing a better job at remembering to post updates at the end of every quarter! As for listening goals, I’m going to do what I always do: set a short term goal of My Precious, with the long term goal of going for broke with Marathoner. I listened to just shy of 50 audiobooks last year (my total was 49…so close!) so I know it’s doable if I simply push myself a little harder.
Do you listen to audiobooks? Will you try doing the audiobook challenge this year? Let us know your thoughts!