2017 Audiobook Challenge
We love audiobooks here at Bibliosanctum for a variety of reasons from distraction while doing chores to just enjoying a good story being read by an awesome narrator. We also love to undertake a good challenge, especially when it coincides with our love of reading. This will be Bibliosanctum’s third year participating in the event, and we’re excited to see where this year’s challenge takes us!
The Book Nympho hosts this challenge ever year, and this will be their fifth year organizing the event. This year we welcome a new host to the challenge, Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Make sure to check out their sign-up page for this year’s challenge, and be sure to check out their Goodreads group.
Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2016 than you did in 2015.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Booklikes, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30-50
- Marathoner (Look Ma no hands) 50+
I usually aim low in this challenge and usually finish higher than I expected. I’ve managed to hit Marathoner for the past two years. Last year, thanks to a busy schedule, I listened to 80 audiobooks until my schedule got too hectic later in the year and took me completely out of the game. I’m going to stick with my usual convention. I am aiming for a short goal of Socially Awkward with a long goal of My Precious. My ultimate goal is Marathoner again, but I never know how my year is going to go.
Like Tiara, I aim low and then am pleasantly surprised when I outdo myself. I am off to a good start already, so I don’t think Binge Listener is unreasonable for 2017.
I really like the idea of setting a short goal and a long goal, so my aim is for My Precious. I think the low end of 30 audiobooks will be easily achievable, but that doesn’t mean I won’t keep striving for the high end of 50 which will hopefully push me over to the edge to achieve Marathoner again, which is what happened last year.