Tiara’s 2015 Audiobook Challenge
Hanging on to the coat tails of my fellow co-blogger, Mogsy, I’m entering a 2015 reading challenge a bit late. I didn’t really want to commit to any challenges for 2015 because 2014 turned out to be quite a year for me, which ended up with me going on semi-hiatus for most of last year as I dealt with life issues. I said that this year was going to be the year of buddy reads, classic reads, and chopping down my TBR pile instead of focusing hardcore on any challenges. However, there are a few challenges that I’ve unofficially joined because they coincide with my reading goals for this year, but nothing major.
I chewed on this for a while before deciding to take the plunge on this one. During the time that I was just thinking about it, I’ve managed to finish 3 audiobooks already. I’ve started listening to them more when I’m doing my daily commute, working out, or roaming the fields of the Hinterlands in Dragon Age: Inquisition or slumming around force-choking things with my Sith/Jedi in Star Wars. I also spend a fair amount of time doing some immersion reading particularly before bed.
This challenge is hosted by by The Book Nympho and Hot Listens. It’s going into its third year, but this will be my first year taking on the challenge. Right now, I’m going to be lazy and just copy and paste the rules and challenge levels from Mogsy’s post.
The challenge details are as follows:
- Runs January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015. You can join at anytime.The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2015 than you did in 2014.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc. – I’ve created a Goodreads Group for the challenge, feel free to join.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30-50
- Marathoner (Look Ma no hands) 50+
My official goal is Stenographer for the challenge, but my unofficial goal is Socially Awkward. I’ve set up a Goodreads shelf and joined the Goodreads group and added an update post, so we’ll see how I fare.