Audiobook Challenge 2022: 1st Quarter Update
April is upon us! That means it’s time for the first quarter update on what I’ve been listening to for the last three months and how I’m currently doing on the Audiobook Challenge. Here’s a quick refresher on the challenge details this year:
- Runs January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2022 than you did in 2021.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweet about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be July 2, 2022, and the last update will take place on December 30, 2022.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
- Over-Achiever (Power Listener) 75+
- The 100 Club (Audiobook Addict) 100+
For this first quarter, I actually did better than I thought! Considering how my work and health got in the way for much of January and February, I think 16 audiobooks is quire respectable. It puts me on track for Marathoner which I should reach quite easily at this rate, but I’ll have to push a bit harder if I want to go for Over-Achiever, which is still a soft goal.
Are you doing the 2022 Audiobook Challenge? If so, how are you doing?