2021 Audiobook Challenge
Here we go again! We love audiobooks here at The Bibliosanctum for a variety of reasons, from distraction while doing chores to just enjoying a good story being read by an awesome narrator. We also love to undertake a good challenge, especially when it coincides with our love of reading.
Caffeinated Reviewer and That’s What I’m Talking About are hosting the annual Audiobook Challenge for 2021, and of course I’ll be participating again. Below, you’ll see the challenge details as well as the different levels. As you can see, there’s a new goal added this year for 75 audiobooks! I’m excited, because I’ve been wanting this category for a while, for those of us who can hit more than 50 but can’t quite make 100.
- Runs January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2021 than you did in 2020.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweet about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be July 2, 2021, and the last update will take place on December 30, 2021.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
- Over-Achiever (Power Listener) 75+
- The 100 Club (Audiobook Addict) 100+
There wasn’t the Over-Achiever level last year, but I aimed for 75 and was just shy of meeting my goal. This year though, I think I can do it! So that’s what I’m going to shoot for.
Do you listen to audiobooks? Will you try doing the audiobook challenge this year? Let us know your thoughts!