Audiobook Challenge 2020: 1st Quarter Update
April is upon us, and that means it’s time for the first quarter update on what I’ve been listening to for the last three months and how I’m currently doing on the Audiobook Challenge. Here’s a quick refresher on the challenge details this year:
- Runs January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2020 than you did in 2019.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. First update in June 30, 2020 and last update in December 15, 2020.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
- The 100 Club (Audiobook Elite) 100+
I’m off to a good start in 2020, having wrapped up this quarter with 17 audiobooks under my belt. I’ll definitely hit Marathoner at this rate, but unless I push myself much harder, I doubt I’ll make The 100 Club. I think they should have created a level in between, but right now my personal goal is 75 for the year!