2020 Audiobook Challenge
Here we go again! We love audiobooks here at The Bibliosanctum for a variety of reasons, from distraction while doing chores to just enjoying a good story being read by an awesome narrator. We also love to undertake a good challenge, especially when it coincides with our love of reading.
Hot Listens and the Caffeinated Book Reviewer are once again hosting the annual Audiobook Challenge, which is now in its eighth year of running. This will be The Bibliosanctum’s seventh year participating in the event, and we’re excited to see where 2020’s challenge will take us. Below, you’ll see the challenge details as well as the different levels. As you can see, there’s a new goal added this year for those serious listeners who want to try for 100 audiobooks!
- Runs January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2020 than you did in 2019.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. First update in June 30, 2020 and last update in December 15, 2020.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
- The 100 Club (Audiobook Elite) 100+
I blew through Marathoner in the 2019 challenge so I think it’s a goal I can achieve again this year. The 100 Club will probably be out of reach, but it’ll be interesting to see how close I can get!
Do you listen to audiobooks? Will you try doing the audiobook challenge this year? Let us know your thoughts!