Audiobook Challenge 2019: 1st Quarter Update
Spring is upon us, and with it comes a quarterly update on what I’ve been listening to for the last three months in audiobook format. This time of the year often presents opportunities to enjoy even more audiobooks (not that a reason is ever required) as hours are spent spring cleaning, enjoying the outdoors, and finding ourselves in various other audiobook-friendly situations. Here’s a quick refresher on the challenge details and a look at my progress:
- Runs January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2019 than you did in 2018.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be June 30, 2019, and the last update will take place on December 15, 2019.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
My current tally sits at 12 audiobooks completed which is better than I thought I would be at this point in the year, but compared to my 2018 progress report for the same time frame last year (in which I completed 15), it would appear I am under-performing! I better step it up, especially if I want to go above and beyond my soft goal of My Precious and go for gold with Marathoner!